KScope is just a few days away. We are excited to be a Gold Sponsor and presenting the sessions below:
- Advanced Topics in Cash Flow – How to Make HFM do the Dirty Work – Matt Spencer – June 12, 10:15am – 11:15am
- Cash flow in HFM by itself is complicated – and adding in the topics of CTA and non-cash items can begin to make even the most seasoned HFM veterans heads spin. Come see some different approaches to tackling these complex issues and find out how to make HFM do the dirty work for you!
- Wow! You Can Be a Financial Reporting Pro, Too! - Monica Chan and Srinivas Salguti - June 13, 2:15pm - 3:15pm
- Financial reports are meant to deliver the most efficient and accurate financial data to the users. Have you ever wondered why your FR reports take so long to render? We will take a look at the overall design of the FR. There are many factors in a client-based or a web-based FR; we will briefly go over the difference between web and client versions.
- EPBCS/PBCS/Hyperion Planning 101: The Freshman-Level Intro Class - Cindy Eichner - June 13, 9:00am - 10:00am
- Are you considering PBCS or EPBCS for your budgeting and forecasting solution? Do you need to make a case to management to get away from all the spreadsheets? Do you want to avoid the sales hype and focus on real-life examples? This session will show some solutions; learn what works well and what might need some tweaks in the product. For example, learn about features that can be used to guide the user through the planning cycle or how the product can be used to implement rolling forecasts. Beyond the technical, learn about the project phases necessary to implement both the planning processes and the product to ensure the end state goal. Questions encouraged! Leave this session with a beginner’s knowledge of the product and how it could be used for your planning cycles.
- Supplementing Your Financial Reporting Diet - Geordan Drummond - June 12, 3:45pm - 4:45pm
- In this session, you will learn how you can use thesupplemental data elements of FCCS to enhance the reporting process and collect additional information you might need for footnotes or other reporting requirements. The discussion will cover the full range of input and reporting options, as well as workflow.
- HFM Rules for Absolute Beginners - Chris Barbieri - June 13, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- Have you ever wondered what happens behind the scene when you click “calculate,” “translate,” or “consolidate?” Does the script in a rules file fill you with anxiety? In this session, Oracle ACE Chris Barbieri will explain the basics of HFM’s rules. No experience needed!
- Lego My Cash Flow! – Geordan Drummond – June 13, 11:45am – 12:45pm
- In this session, you will learn how to leverage the out-of-the-box building blocks in FCCS to build a cash flow statement that seamlessly brings together data from the balance sheet, income statement, and manual data sources. This will include a review of dimensionality, calculations, and data impacts. You will also learn some tips and tricks for handling the reporting of business transactions such as acquisitions and divestitures.
- Imagine That! Explore HFM Design Concepts – Chris Barbieri – June 11, 4:15pm – 5:15pm
- Come to this session to expand your imagination and explore a variety of HFM application design concepts. We will cover strategies of translating every entity into one or more reporting currencies regardless of the entity hierarchy. We will explore different ways to handle flow dimensions, data sources, and currency translation adjustments. Do you want to make Parent Currency adjustments without the drawbacks of the value dimension? What about loading local currency and USD? Examine inventive ways to use custom dimensions and find out why more is sometimes better. Oracle ACE Chris Barbieri will share knowledge from his nearly two decades of experience with HFM application design, helping you find practical ways to reduce your maintenance, improve performance, and make better use of HFM.
Creative Solutions for FX Analysis in HFM – Mary Chan & Brock Neal from Yum Brands – June 13, 10:15am – 11:15am
For companies that have functional currencies different from the reporting currency, FX impact analysis or Constant Rate Analysis may be a simple translation. What if your entities submit financial data in the company’s reporting currency, but operate in local currency? How do you perform FX impact analysis easily in HFM? Yum Brands has done it in various ways, from the mundane manual calculation in Excel to two different automated creative ways in HFM. In this session, Yum Brands will share their creative solutions to automate the translation in HFM. The discussion will include the business requirements, design considerations, setup in HFM metadata and rules, as well as the execution and users’ experience and benefits.
As a bonus, they will also reveal their ingenious methodologies of handling historical override in HFM. Whether you are a business user or a developer, you do not want to miss this content-packed session.